It's that time of year again! The beginning of school is just around the corner and that means clothes, gear for the classroom and all the must haves! School shopping can be stressful, especially if you are buying items for multiple kids in different age ranges. Don't worry though, Goodwill has you covered! Do back to school shopping the right way by going to Goodwill. Chances are we've got what you need and more, all at low prices!
Check out these helpful tips when shopping at Goodwill for back to school items and shopping in general.
- Dedicate some time- Give yourself plenty of time to look through all the clothes. You might miss a lot of good items if you don't have enough time to look through the racks. This makes all the difference between a successful and unsuccessful shopping trip.
- Sizes- Make sure you are up to date on your children's clothing needs so you know what sizes to shop for. They may have grown over the summer!
- Sales, sales, sales- Did you know that Goodwill does sales by color? As you walk into a store, check the color of the week! Any tag or barb that matches the color of the week is 50% off! This will save you a ton on your purchases! Check out our website for more information about upcoming sales. Be sure to checkout our back to school sale!
- Colors! Goodwill sorts their clothing by colors. If you find something you love in one color, check to see if it's in another color. You never know what you might find!
- Shop for off season items- Goodwill always carries jackets, long pants and long sleeves. While you're shopping for the remainder of summer, go ahead and grab what you need for fall and winter. You'll get ahead by not making a second trip for colder weather. You can also take advantage of back to school sales!
- Visit more than one Goodwill- If you find most of what you need at one Goodwill but need a few more items-try another location. There are 28 stores in the Knoxville area that are sure to have what you need!
For more inspiration, tips and tricks check out this blogger who got 43 items for under $100 at her local Goodwill!
Participate in our Share Your School Swag Contest by sharing your awesome back to school outfit with us for a chance to win a $50 gift certificate to Goodwill! It's easy! Get more contest information here!
Meet the Author
Who can say no to a good sale?? I can't, that's for sure. I used to only shop at Goodwill for occasional items like Halloween or Christmas. Now, I can't get enough! I always check Goodwill for the items I need before going shopping elsewhere.