Shopping for back to school clothes can be stressful, especially when your kids grow fast! Why spend lots of money when the clothes may not fit them within a couple months? At Goodwill, you can find many new or gently used clothes for the whole family, all while shopping on a budget.
We have some tips to help get ready for school and save you money.
- Sort first. Go through last year’s clothes and donate what no longer fits. The more space you have in the closet, the easier it will be to find the clothes that do fit. This also gives you an idea of what pieces you may want to watch for in while shopping.
- Look around. While you are shopping for clothes, don't forget to check out our other school supplies like backpacks, lunchboxes, and binders.
- Pay attention to brands. Look for brands that you know you or your kids love. If you know which brands fit well, you can scan for those pieces quickly. However, don't ignore brands you don't already love. They could be your next favorite things!
- Check the fabrics and laundry instructions. Make sure the fabric will be comfortable and easy to wash. If you don’t want to dry clean items, make sure they can be washed at home.
- Make sure they fit. If you have your kids with you, they can try them on, but you can also take their measurements at home and compare those measurements to items in the store.
- Shop off season. Winter will be here before you know it, and now is the perfect time to find those long sleeve shirts and jackets.
- Try something new! If your child wants to try a new look, let them! With low Goodwill prices, you can afford to let them experiment with their style.
- Know the sales. There's always a color sale happening at Goodwill! Check for the color of the week when you walk in the door, and keep an eye out for items that are marked with the color. They will be 50% off! Beyond that, Goodwill runs special events regularly, such as our Half Off Everything sale July 29-30 and August 5-6. Find all the details and more sales here.